Sunday, November 20, 2011

peace.

While reading a relative's inspiring blogs, (A Winsome Journey: check Jessica out....beautiful blogs about life, love, and laughter out on the farm) I'm sipping tea out of a mug that reads,

"peace.  it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work.  it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart. (unknown)."

This quote can relate to all parts of life, but as a teacher, it truly fills me with hope.  Most mornings, while getting ready for school, I say to myself, "No matter what happens, try to be calm, try to stay enthusiastic, try to find something wonderful that is going on in the classroom, something that will make you smile."  Luckily, 22 first graders provide many joyful moments throughout the school day, but there are always those moments when you feel yourself boiling up and you just wonder...."are any of these kids listening to me?"  I literally have to take a deep breath in these moments.  I am not always the calm, enthusiastic teacher that I aspire to be, but I reflect everyday on those moments that got to me and learn. 

This quote touched me so much, that I even cut apart the box that the mug came in, printed with the quote, and framed it.  It sits on a shelf in my living room and makes me feel calm whenever I look at it.  I admire people who are calm, soft-spoken, and peaceful. 

My job will always be full of noise, trouble and hardwork, but that doesn't mean it can't also be full of peace.

Wishing everyone a peaceful week and a Happy Thanksgiving!
<3- Mrs. Bushey

No comments: