Sunday, January 1, 2012

Twenty Twelve

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.
Edith Lovejoy Pierce

January 1, 2012.  I leave 2011 with mixed feelings.  Emotions are running wild and aimlessly in this girl.  Pure joy leads to tears in an instant.  Why?  I have no answer.  A phase, the weather, just a crazy girl thing I suppose. 


In need of repair, but beautiful all the same.  Leaving the past behind, carrying a piece of it with us always.
 A new year looks, to most, like an opportunity for change.  A reason to start again, try a little harder this time, and possibly succeed.  If not, 2013 will soon approach and with it another chance to resolve.  I haven't heard of many people being all too uspet with failing at a resolution in the new year.  These things seem to be set up for failure in most cases.  I don't think I have ever completely followed through with a resolution I've set for myself.  But then again, I don't seem to choose resolutions that are all too pressing.  Exercise, less swearing, the usuals. 

This year I would like to wake up to more weekend mornings craving coffee instead of red Gatorade...if confused see http://applepiespice.blogspot.com/2011/12/cake-batter-6-am.html.  Settling down.  Staying in.  I'll keep it in mind.  It is something I want. 

She says, "I wanna do right, but not right now."  - Miranda Lambert


Waking up at home.
Realistically, making a life change on January 1st is silly.  A day on the calendar will never decide a person is ready for change.  Looking ahead to an entire year can be overwhelming and seem impossible.  I will take it day by day (or, in my resolution's case, weekend by weekend).  I will choose what's right for me. 
I will change in 2012 and the beauty of it is that I won't always have control over how or when it happens.  I can plan my resolution and I can give it a whirl, but it's what has not yet been planned and is on the way that makes the new year so momentus.  It is why we gather to celebrate.  In hope of happy days ahead.

Right now, GrayC and Annabelle are curled up on me.  This is something I can count on from January to June.  The coldest months bring the kitties close.  Lincoln is stretched out on the couch next to us.  His dog dreams making him twitch.  And so 2012 begins...

<3- Sarah

No comments: